Burns City Fire Department
Fire Chief Scott Williamson
The City of Burns Fire Department operates out of one station with a Paid Fire Chief and 20 Paid-on-Call Volunteer Firefighters. Our service area includes the City of Burns and Automatic Aid response with the City of Hines on Structure and Wildland Fires. The City of Burns Fire Department enjoys a partnership with the BLM and the Harney District EMS under Mutual Aid Agreements.
The City of Burns Fire Department maintains an ISO Classification 3.
The City of Burns Fire Department provides the following services:
- Structural Fire Suppression
- Fire and Life Safety Education and Programs
- Code Enforcement
- Community Event Support and Participation
- Wildland Fire Suppression
- Motor Vehicle Accident Response
- Hazmat Response
- Mitigation Planning
The Burns Fire Department is always recruiting volunteer members to serve in an Emergency and non-emergency roles.
We need/want community minded people who:
- Have a strong desire and interest in serving your community.
- Have pride and dedication in making the community a safe place.
- Be willing to commit a few hours a week for training and other activities.
- Be willing to respond to emergency incidents at a moments notice.
- To be willing to work as a team player.
- Interest in providing customer service.
- To help others when they may be having a really bad day!
Applications can be picked up at the City of Burns Fire Department a 242 S. Broadway in Burns, or by calling 541-573-2320.